Too much acidity in our systems leads to dis-ease, so why not reduce the amount of acid that’s in our bodies? If you’re serious about doing it, eat more of the following: root veggies, garlic, leafy greens, lemons, cruciferous veggies, and cayenne peppers.
1. Root veggies – Used in traditional Chinese medicine, root veggies are rich in minerals and ground us. Eat more beets, carrots, radishes, rutabaga, and turnips.
2. Garlic – A wonderful antibacterial herb and an immune system booster, garlic is a MUST for every kitchen. It even takes out toxic poison from spiders! I can share a personal story about that one, if you’re interested.
3. Leafy greens – Leafy greens are loaded with calcium and other minerals, Vitamin K, phytochemicals, and antioxidants. They are good for vision and digestion.
4. Lemons – Lemons are one of my absolute faves! As overall tonics for the body, they disinfect, close up wounds, and detoxify the body. The lemon peel also provides temporary relief for aches and pains. I use to rub lemon peel all over my body to get some temporary relief from sciatica and it worked! Just be careful who eats the lemon after you’ve rubbed it all over your body! LOL
5. Cruciferous veggies – Bring on the broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and Brussel sprouts! Not only do they provide a lot of fiber, but they are packed with vitamins and minerals.
6. Cayenne peppers – These may not be your faves, but these extremely alkaline peppers are great for reducing pain and cleaning out your sinuses! They are also rich in Vitamin A, which helps fight those pesky free radicals that lead to stress and illness.